Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents These records comprise documents produced between 1962 and 1966, during excavation at the John Frederick Amelung glasshouse site in Maryland. They also include as well as more recent material, such as reports on the excavation and photographs of the excavation selected for exhibition. The records are arranged into five series: (1) Records of the Amelung Excavation, 1962-1966(2) Background Reseach Materials, Circa 1962-1963(3) Ivor Noël Hume's...
Collection — Box: 01
Scope and Contents This small collection consists primarily of incoming correspondence to Gregor Norman-Wilcox, former Curator of Decorative Arts at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, in 1932. The letters relate to identification of glass attributed to the Amelung Glass Manufactory and investigation of other sites associated with John Frederick Amelung. Correspondents include museum curators, antiques dealers, and owners of other pieces attributed to the manufactory, including Marshall L. Etchison, Rhea...
- Subject: Amelung glass X
- Archaeology -- Methodology 1
- Amelung, John Frederick, 1741 or 1742-1798 1
- Colonial Williamsburg Foundation 1
- Corning Museum of Glass 1
- Norman-Wilcox, Gregor (1905 (date of birth) - 1969 (date of death)) 1
- Noël Hume, Ivor (1927 (date of birth) - 2017 (date of death)) 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1 + ∧ less