Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents These records comprise documents produced between 1962 and 1966, during excavation at the John Frederick Amelung glasshouse site in Maryland. They also include as well as more recent material, such as reports on the excavation and photographs of the excavation selected for exhibition. The records are arranged into five series: (1) Records of the Amelung Excavation, 1962-1966 (2) Background Reseach Materials, Circa 1962-1963 (3) Ivor Noël Hume's Reports about the...
Scope and Contents These papers document the career and research of Dwight P. Lanmon, a glass and ceramics curator and museum administrator. They are divided into ten series, most of which represent scholarly projects and publications:(1) Master's Thesis Research Materials and Draft, Circa 1966-1968(2) John Frederick Amelung and New Bremen Glass Manufactory Research Materials, 1962-1977(3) Blown "Three-Mold" Vessel Analysis, 1970-1973(4) Billups Glass Collection...
Collection — Box: 01
Scope and Contents This small collection consists primarily of incoming correspondence to Gregor Norman-Wilcox, former Curator of Decorative Arts at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, in 1932. The letters relate to identification of glass attributed to the Amelung Glass Manufactory and investigation of other sites associated with John Frederick Amelung. Correspondents include museum curators, antiques dealers, and owners of other pieces attributed to the manufactory, including Marshall L. Etchison, Rhea...
- Names: New Bremen Glass Manufactory X
- Amelung glass 2
- Glass industry and trade -- United States -- 18th century -- Archival resources 2
- Glass manufacture -- Maryland -- History -- 18th century -- Archival resources 2
- Glassware -- United States -- History -- 18th century -- Archival resources 2
- Archaeology -- Methodology 1
- Amelung, John Frederick, 1741 or 1742-1798 1
- Colonial Williamsburg Foundation 1
- Corning Museum of Glass 1
- Lanmon, Dwight P., 1938- 1
- Norman-Wilcox, Gregor 1