Bristol Glass Works
- Existence: 1813 - 1825
The Bristol Glass, Cotton and Clay Company was incorporated in Ulster County, New York, in 1811 by Stephen Stilwell, Nicholas Van Leuven and Abraham De Witt. In 1813, Stephen Stilwell and his wife Nancy transferred 833 acres of their property in Woodstock to the Company for the Bristol Glass Works factory. Bristol Glass Works produced window glass, clock domes, and simple glass bottles and tableware. Bristol Glass Works operated under that name until 1825 when the New York Crown and Cylinder Glass Manufacturing Company assumed control of the factory.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Bristol Glass Works Ledger
This collection consists of a ledger owned by Bristol Glass Works. The ledger was used to record sales from the company store. The ledger includes the dates November 1823 through September 1824. The ledger is 272 pages. The first 94 pages have been removed from the binding and pages 95-104 are missing.