Reynolds, Francis and Rohnstock
- Existence: 1921
The Boston firm of Reynolds, Francis and Rohnstock opened in 1921. Joseph Reynolds Jr. (1886-1972) was the designer and director of the firm, William M. Francis (1870-1954) was the glass painter, and J. Henry Rohnstock (1879-1956) was the glazier. Joseph Reynolds collaborated with Ralph Adams Cram, a Boston architect, on many installations. Cram was a preeminent American Ecclesiastical Gothicist and a prominent spokesman for Gothic-style churches. Their projects include Princeton University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, New York.
The Smithsonian Institution recognized the contributions of Reynolds, Francis and Rohnstock to the history of art in America by selecting them as one of the four stained glass studios whose records will be stored in the Archives of American Art.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Charles S. Hayes Collection of Stained Glass Design Drawings
This collection of stained glass presentation drawings and cartoons is divided into four series by stained glass studio or designer:
(1) Henry Keck Stained Glass Studio, 1948, Undated
(2) Reynolds, Francis and Rohnstock, Circa 1924-1941
(3) Harry Wright Goodhue, Circa 1923-1931
(4) Wilbur H. Burnham Studios, Circa 1940