Pitney Glass Works
- Existence: 1919 (date of establishment) - Approximately 2000 (date of dissolution)
The Pitney Glass Works was established in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1919 by General Electric Company (G.E.) to manufacture glass globes for incandescent light bulbs. The factory moved to a new facility in 1932, referred to as the "New Pitney Glass Works," to accommodate the introduction of G.E.'s first Glass Ribbon Machine in 1933. The plant closed around 2000.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Scope and Contents This small collection documents the life and career of William S. Kahlson, the General Electric (G.E.) Company Pitney Glass Works plant manager from 1931 to 1965. Of particular interest to glass manufacturing technology researchers are the photographs of G.E. light bulb production after installation of the Corning Glass Ribbon Machine. The photographs depict facilities and machinery, as well as men and women at work producing light bulbs. Post-1940 photographs depict an integrated workforce,...
Dates: Circa 1925-2001