Kokomo Opalescent Glass Co., Inc.
- Existence: 1888 (date of establishment)
- Usage: 1888 (date of establishment) - 1912 (date of name change) - 1912
Opalescent Glass Works was established in Kokomo, Indiana, in 1888. Founded by French immigrant Charles Edward Henry, Opalescent Glass Works produced hand cast, rolled cathedral and opalescent glass throughout its history. The company also provided glass to Louis Comfort Tiffany in its early years. In 1912, the company's name changed to Kokomo Opalescent Glass Company.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Adolphe Bournique Collection consists of documents tracing the working history of Adolphe Bournique’s career in glass manufacturing. The collection is arranged into two series:
(1) Batch Books and Ledgers, 1882-1925
(2) Correspondence, Print Materials and Photographs, 1883-1977