Elmira Cut Glass Company
- Existence: Approximately 1899 (date of establishment) - 1913 (date of dissolution) - 1913
Elmira Cut Glass Company was founded in 1899 in Elmira, New York. The company initially sold its cut glass exclusively to Philadelphia-based Wanamaker department stores, which provided a stable source of revenue without added advertising costs. Elmira Cut Glass Company obtained its glass blanks from several sources, including many from Steuben Glass Works in Corning, New York. The company produced punch bowls, glasses, serving trays and sets, as well as bowls, dishes, and jugs. Unfortunately, Elmira Cut Glass Company struggled with a variety of problems: competition from other cut glass firms, labor strife, and lack of business savvy. The company went out of business around 1913.